Skincare Routine

Saturday 4 April 2015


I find it essential to maintain an effective skincare routine throughout the year, most importantly during autumn and winter months. Our skin starts to dry out and we tend to apply our make-up with a heavier hand. Today I thought I would share my autumn/winter skincare routine, featuring some of my recent Kiehls discoveries.



MORNING

To start my morning off I always wash my face with cold water, towel dry and then liberally apply Olay's moisturising cream for sensitive skin. This has been a beauty favourite of mine for around three years now, it is rich and creamy but doesn’t leave your face feeling sticky. I’m yet to find something else of such high quality in the same price range.





EVENING

To start my nighttime routine I remove my make-up with Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and a cotton pad. I previously used Biodermas Solution Micellaire however I found it only worked marginally better and was three times the price. Once all my make-up is removed I go in with my Clarisonic and Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser and scrub all the excess make-up and oil off my skin. These two products have changed my skin dramatically, I no longer have large break-outs and I am relatively spot free. Once clean, I use my Clinique clarifying lotion with a cotton pad and swipe it over my t-zone. Finally, I apply Kiehls Midnight Recovery Serum, my Holy Grail skincare product; if you have dry skin like I do this product is worth every penny.

Have you tried any of the products mentioned?


Leave a Comment

  1. Great first post :) I've been wanting to try Garnier's cleansing water!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! Their cleansing milk is pretty good as well :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10